Template talk:NPC Stock infobox
After testing the infobox, I have a few comments:
The instructions are unclear as to how you are supposed to fill in the fields. I assumed that you are supposed to use 'yes' if a field is applicable (for instance, '| general = y' in the first part of the definition). This worked fine for the fields that set up the table (general, weapons, and armor); however, I cannot seem to add additional items. I would assume that you would add an item (let's say Sunset Dew) with the line '| sunsetdew = yes' or '| sunsetdew = y', but this does not add the item to the table. Am I using the wrong code, or is this functionality not fully available yet? For reference, here is an example table that is supposed to have all of the general items plus Sunset Dew (though the latter is missing):
Also, some shops sell both weapon and armor (the only one I can think of off the top of my head -- Lumi -- doesn't have a sellling list on the wiki), and outside of Victoria Island they tend to sell equipment for all classes (see Ludibrium Weapon Shop). It would be nice to set up the table so that it can separate the equipment by class even when there are multiple classes.
Some more minor comments:
The buff potions, such as the Warrior Potion, are not sold in every general store, including the one in NLC, and so should not be included in the list of general store items. I am also not sure about the food; for instance, the Gumball Machine only has Eggs, but it may just be that the selling list is incomplete (I can't check in-game right now because of maintenance).
Overall, I like the design of the infobox because it looks good and will be easy to implement. Including the prices and images within the template will save a ridiculous amount of time. In my experience, finding all of the images is the most time-consuming part of creating a drop table or selling list. (Well, unless you have to do research for the drop table in-game instead of just looking it up elsewhere.) -- Owlepicurus 14:05, 4 August 2011 (CDT)
- Thank you for your comments. I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability
- What to enter: The template works so that you only need to enter a string of text in the field. Any values will work (ex. You can use "lolrofl," "giant," "ni hao," etc). The code itself does not take the values, but checks that a value has been entered. Once it knows a value has been entered, it triggers the applicable code.
- The Misc table has been enabled for General use (wrong values were being used).
- Multi-class items are currently not possible (by my knowledge) due to limitations in values. I hope to find a way to support multi-class items, but for right now, it's not possible.
- HOWEVER, I could modify the code to allow an 'other' value, which would change the title to "All weapons" or "All armor." This would not be a problem, but I'm having some issues with spacing that I need to deal with first.
- Shops that differ from the template: Thank you! I would like to see all shops that do not work, and please feel free to list them in the template page itself. I will make a section for you to add shops that don't work with the format. Kitten Tale 19:23, 4 August 2011 (CDT)