Talk:Mapletip:How to Help
Discuss what you'd like to see added to the help page here!
- For consistency, please add new discussion to the bottom of the page. Thank you!
If you are interested in adding to the wiki, you can head over to the Wanted Pages List, which lists the most linked-to pages that have not yet been created. If you can help out, please do so. Thanks! --Kros 17:26, 25 June 2007 (CDT)
We currently are in need of guides, help us fix up our guides!
ATTENTION: The Bowman and Warrior Guides have been brought upto a standard template. Since i dont have the skill set required, id someone could PLZ upgrade the Magician guide to that template. ~gooblah
I would like help implementing the boxes in Beige Umbrella, Bamboo Sword, Black Umbrella, Diao Chan Sword, Khan, and Sword (item) to every other weapon. This includes reuploading the broken images for the items. Any help would be welcome, i especially need a template for the box. Thanks. -EliteJeff 10:45, 18 February 2007 (CST)
I am currently adding templates for weapons, so please help me edit. A example is here template:warrior weapons PS. It would be best if you can put the template on the proper pages.--R1e2u3b4e5n6 22:59, 9 March 2007 (CST)
Is there any quick way to find image pages that no longer have images on them?TinDragon
See my edits to the comment below. I'm working on it.DarkL 22:16, 4 August 2007 (CDT)
- I have added the template I linked to below to 69 pages so far. More to come, if my patience holds out. (See Category:Articles with broken images)
I've uploaded a load of images for monsters today, many more to come, so keep adding to the list of broken images and I'll try to fix them ASAP. Ihani 13:41, 4 September 2007 (GMT)
Serious Need of New Images
If anyone wants to run through the various monster pages and update their images, that'd probably be a huge help; almost all of them are broken. --Kros 15:15, 22 June 2007 (CDT)
I'll try to make a template or something that we can put on pages with broken images. I would try to update them myself but I don't know how yet. DarkL 19:20, 23 July 2007 (CDT)
I've seen on Wookieepedia's main page a little thing called an improvement drive, where articles are nominated that a particular user feels needs the improvements. A monthly improvement drive for certain articles-mostly quest and location ones-could help focus collaboration and etc. etc. What think? DarkL 11:41, 6 August 2007 (CDT)
Great Idea. Like on the real wiki theres stuff like that on each main category or something. Megachoocobo 04:41, 31 August 2007 (CDT)
These are seriously... screwed. While editing item pages, I realised that half the quests I added as links weren't created, not to mention when looking through the quest categories, I almost had an aneurysm at how many quests were missing/wrongly named. Page making is a bit beyond me to be honest, so if anyone with more 1337 skills than I can make some of these pages (or point me in the direction of some templates), that's be awesome ^_^ ~ Ihani 06:53, 5 November 2007 (CST)
- Hey there Ihani. It can be a bit confusing adding pages sometimes. My best suggestion is to do a "Direct Attack" on the page :D. That meaning editing the address bar to go to what you want to add. For Example... If you want to add a category in the "Quest" area inside of the community portal. You would go to:
- Then, at the bottom of the edit page, put
- That way, it will automatically add a link inside of the Quests section with your content.
- If you are trying to edit the name of an article, the best way to do that (in my experiance) is to create a new article with the revised name, copy and paste all the page info into the new article, then redirect the old article to the new one.
- Lets say that Todd's_How-to-Hunt was titled "Tod's How-To-Kill-Crazy-Beasts". We would then go to the original Tod's page. Hit "Edit", and copy all the data in the page. Then we would "create" a new page by entering  into the address bar (or just link to Tod's_How-To-Kill-Crazy-Beasts on the sandbox or your own page and click it). You would then hit the "edit" link on that page, paste all the data into that page. Then you would go back to the original Todd's_How-to-Hunt page and erase the main data in that page, redirecting it by typing - #REDIRECT [[Tod's_How-To-Kill-Crazy-Beasts]] in it's place.
- I'll put this all in a little tutorial later. Also, it will include things like adding items and using templates :). Hope that helps! Conexion 11:21, 5 November 2007 (CST)
Thanks! I'll have another bash at it tomorrow; I tried to focus on broken images today so I'm relaxing by murdering Fire Drakes for the rest of the evening. Tutorial sounds like a great idea; hopefully that way more people won't be so shy to help out! ~ Ihani 11:39, 5 November 2007 (CST)
General Note For All Editors
Can we please ensure that we are being consistent with templates when creating new pages? It's quite a job to apply templates to existing pages, without having to change new pages to redirects. When creating a page, PLEASE make sure that there's not already one in existence under a slightly different name. ~ Ihani 08:57, 12 November 2007 (CST)
Anyone wanna talk to me cuz im really bored.
I can talk to you on your discussion page if you tell me your username on MapleWiki. --Hauntedclaw 12:59, 2 October 2009 (UTC)