This is the archive of all the messages that have been placed on this page.'
- 1 Pirate
- 2 Server maintenance
- 3 Recolouring
- 4 Maplestory Article!
- 5 Site Logo
- 6 Main Page Format
- 7 Bowman, not Archer
- 8 Broken Images
- 9 Idea about something
- 10 Small problem...
- 11 MapleStory on the DS
- 12 What I see in this Wiki is...
- 13 Templating
- 14 Quality Control
- 15 GRAMMAR
- 16 IS COMBINATION POSSIBLE?
- 17 HEY EVERYONE!!! PLZ HELP ME!!! I NEED THE STUFF I AM POSTING!!!
- 18 8000 articles
- 19 HP Warrior Stuff...
- 20 Ok I killed a pink Been today...
You do know that Pirate is coming out on Friday or Saturday because of the countdown on the Pirate page of Nexon? It's not coming out on the 12th, its coming out this weekend, get your facts straight.
- Your wrong the countdown says 6 days. 6 days left. Today is the 6th so 6+6 = 12. Get YOUR facts straight. PS: They do patches on Wednesday or around that time. Kennytran4 04:48, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
First of all where does it say 6days left? It just says Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, and Week 4.
The compass thing you silly... D-Day 05.. LOOK WITH YOUR EYES Kennytran4 04:35, 7 November 2008 (UTC)
There's server maintenance on MapleGlobal (on all servers) right now until 1am PDT (8am GMT) - can someone change the server statuses? --Stickysr71 05:51, 27 August 2008 (UTC)
- Never mind, it's finished anyway --Stickysr71 19:43, 27 August 2008 (UTC)
Anyone want to try and re-colour the main page? The one right now seems kinda bleh (especially the black/grey), if you know what I mean. --Champion911 02:17, 8 April 2006 (UTC)
- You can always change the theme in your preferences :) Conexion 01:22, 5 November 2007 (CST)
I thought this wiki site was suppose to be based on Wikipedia's theme It looks fine to me and by the way, If you colour it, it will take more time to LOAD, so its not a good idea - User: Jaewonnie, 10:54, 26 December 2007
Isn't it odd that a wiki all about MapleStory doesn't even have an article with that name? xD --Champion911 16:56, 8 March 2006 (CST)
- Hahaha. Well, I guess it's assumed you know what MapleStory is if you are researching it :D --Oh.My.Goose. 17:07, 8 March 2006 (CST)
Ya, i guess so. On another topic, someone should really consider setting a logo for this site. "Set $wgLogo to the URL path to your own logo image" doesn't seem very attractive >.> --Champion911 17:44, 8 March 2006 (CST)
- xD I found the perfect image for it! Ryalla 18:02, 8 March 2006 (CST)
- We should put a picture of a snail or something. Or maybe one of the third advancement people --Oh.My.Goose. 14:03, 9 March 2006 (CST)
- I couldn't find a good picture of a duck. Otherwise, we'd have a duck up there. xD ~~ Ryalla 14:52, 9 March 2006 (CST)
How 'bout this for a logo? ^^ --Champion911 10:19, 15 March 2006 (CST)
- Anyone here know how to change the logo on the top-left corner? O.o --Champion911 20:44, 15 March 2006 (CST)
Maplewiki could use an orange mushroom?=D Hiei154 20:44 20 March 2006
- We already have a logo ready. Now we have to figure out HOW to put it on. --Champion911 07:04, 21 March 2006 (CST)
- The new logo ROCKS! :D --Rapta 05:23, 8 April 2006 (UTC)
- Agreed! EliteJeff 13:19, 8 April 2006 (UTC)
What happened to the logo???? Timestopper 21:44, 20 May 2006 (CDT)
Where is the logo? I want to see it! --Jokerta 16:10, 3 September 2006 (CDT)
Try looking in the config file. For the $wgLogo variable.. AngelSL 01:09, 26 December 2006 (CST)
Main Page Format
Here's some links to templates that can be used for the main page, to improve the quality, perhaps. These are both from Wikis of other RPG's.
The first one is one in development, and the second one is a final product. Rapta 20:56, 17 March 2006 (CST)
- Also, something like this should be added at the bottom of the main page so other people can tweak with an editable copy of the main page.
- (see top)
- Food for thought. Rapta 21:00, 17 March 2006 (CST)
- Was playing around with the OblivoWiki above and made this outline: http://www.mapletip.com/maplewiki/index.php/Editcopy2formainpage --Rapta 22:55, 17 March 2006 (CST)
Uh oh, the main page wasn't meant to be changed yet. We had borrowed the template frmo another site, and we hadn't finished changing it. What I'm trying to say is that right now we are technically plagiarising the front page, and we need to change the titles or the headlines and the colours. --Champion911 20:45, 18 March 2006 (CST)
- Hmm... lemme update the editcopy so it's close with the current one. That way, we can use editcopy 2 for something else if we need to. :P --- Rapta 22:52, 18 March 2006 (CST)
How about hidden-street.net great info to help this wiki get better
- Why not put What's New (on top); then put boxes of Classes, Items, Maps, Monsters; and leave the help desk on bottom. -Timestopper 02:19, 7 April 2006 (UTC)
Try using the edit copy to show me what you're thinking of. Sounds like a good idea, but i need some visual. Thanks, --Champion911 02:27, 7 April 2006 (UTC)
- Still I'm not that experienced in Wikiediting, so I don't know how to make boxes or align. -Timestopper 02:43, 7 April 2006 (UTC)
Hmm, i'll think about it. I'll check back tomorrow morning, have to get some sleep now. Bye. --Champion911 02:46, 7 April 2006 (UTC)
How bout a mush?
Bowman, not Archer
The first job advancement for the Bowman is the archer, but the general job "tree" is called the Bowman. Can someone, under "Classes", change "Archer" to "Bowman"? Thanks. ---Rapta 21:19, 22 March 2006 (CST)
- Erm... Is anyone alive? xD ---Rapta 20:20, 27 March 2006 (CST)
Not many people update this site Morgan22345 17:24, 14 May 2007 (CDT)
Can someone tell me how to upload an image T_T, I'm not familiar to Wikis - User: Jaewonnie, 10:32, 26 December 2007
- Create a page Image:yourimage upload it, and then link using the normal interwiki linky thingyLaststandb 15:51, 14 January 2009 (UTC)
Why don't you just paste a link that has that image instead 0_o;; - User: Jaewonnie, 10:06, 26 December 2007
Does anyone have an idea why 90% of the images uploaded from the end of march back are not working? Anyone have an explanation for this? I don't want to re-upload the hundred or so animations of monsters again... -_- --Champion911 01:12, 6 April 2006 (UTC)
- Is there any limit on what kind of image? --Timestopper 02:01, 6 April 2006 (UTC)
- Well, they were all working fine until Mapletip went down a couple days earlier, and they've been broken ever since. --Champion911 02:15, 6 April 2006 (UTC)
- Yes, I've noticed it too while I was working on the Character skill guides for the Cleric yesterday (hence why I re-uploaded a majority of the skill pics). If anyone wants to review the skill pics at least, quickly, it would help a lot. --Rapta 03:34, 6 April 2006 (UTC)
Idea about something
Should we add a "uses" to the items that stand useful for items? For example, weighted earrings have a use for a quest, Dr. Betty's Research on Plants so we put..
Dr. Betty's Research on Plants Whadda think? --Desertmagic 17:21, 10 August 2006 (CDT)
Yes, we'll probably do that once we have all of the quests completed. --Champion911 10:24, 11 August 2006 (CDT)
Also, why don't we have wikipedia links for references? Well, thats what we did to another MMORPG wiki. --Desertmagic 00:21, 23 August 2006 (CDT)
I was thinking something along the lines of "street prices" so people know how much things generally sell for to other players. e.g. Fame for 50k --Joethegreat1 12:40, 23 May 2009 (CDT)
Sorry for your time.... Why i can't see images on this resource? My Browser is: Opera. Thank you.
- The images work fine, I am using Safari and confirm that all images work properly. Mapletip 13:59, 10 October 2006 (CDT)
MapleStory on the DS
OMG i just watched this video i found on google and it was of Maplestory for the Nintendo DS and it was so cool the only problem is that it is in Japanees and i dont understand a word they say other than "maplestory...DS!!" so if you wanna watch the video i found go to http://www.cubed3.com/news/6579/ i like the music it's playful!! It's in Korean not Japanese
What I see in this Wiki is...
It's fine to me 0_o;;, I just like the way guides are written ^^, I usually get other information from different sites because this wiki site lacks lotsa stuff (no offence) - Jaewonnie, 10:09, 26 December 2007
...a bunch of garbage! This is not the way a Wiki is supposed to be at all. This might be my view because I edit three other Wikis: Wikipedia, RuneScape Wiki, and Homestar Runner Wiki. This is nothing like those, which are comprehensive, informative, and useful. All I see here are worthless guides that explain almost nothing about the game mechanics. The RS Wiki, for example, gives detailed information about monsters, quests, NPCs, areas, and mechanics, and has almost NO guides (but we do have some).
After reading the very first edit on this page, I would like to point out that a Wiki is used for ALL TYPES of information about the subject matter. If another site, especially a non-Wiki, has the same info, it doesn't matter. RuneScape Wiki has RuneTips and RuneHQ, but we still work to make the wiki the best one for RuneScape information.
All in all, I'm going to do some major revamping in a sandbox before I do any real work. Hopefully, this Wiki won't be abandoned by then because of its current content.VajraX 13:13, 11 October 2007 (CDT)
- AS with Bulbapedia. Seriously, even Jemar would be angry! Agent TalkI'M BORED OUT OF MY WITS! 02:49, 27 December 2007 (CST)
If anyone has advanced knowledge of using templates on the wiki, we should get one going for the armor, weapon, and monster sections to tidy them up. An example of what one may look like can be found here http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Behemoth_Gravebane I'd be happy to go through each one and reorganize it this way if someone can build up the template for me, I'm not quite to that level. Then again, this would be a rather large project that would be dealing with a great deal of the Wiki, so I may need the go ahead. Give me a holler.
I'm making it a goal for myself to go through a large amount of what is on this Wiki and cleaning it up so that it looks a lot better as well as being structured a lot better. There are many broken images and broken links, as well as just bad quality guides covering information that is already presented better on the site. I'm not a moderator or the like, but I know that there are many things on the site that need fixing. If you don't agree with some of the changes I make, please feel free to edit them back or revert as needed.
I, for one, think this Wiki can be a lot better and I'm going to do my part to make it so. I will include full comments on my edits as to why things were done, and please, help me out to do this as it is a hefty job. I'm going to add a quality control section as well to mark which sections have been inspected. Nobody has been doing anything for awhile here (I've been reading this Wiki for a long while, and recently signed up as I was getting sick of nobody doing anything). Now I don't wish to change or remove content from this Wiki, but to make it better looking and to be easier to find things. Wish me luck!
Conexion 15:17, 4 November 2007 (CST)
IS COMBINATION POSSIBLE?
Can more than one class be mixed and to what point does it stop mixing? Seriously I have seen some wierd hybrids my friend is a warrior but also has thief attributes for some reason. So does this mean you can combine with other classes regarless of the 1st 2nd or 3rd job. If anyone has some info on this please let me know ASAP.
What do you mean, 'attributes'? Do you mean the LUK and DEX or the skills? He may just want LUK to lose less EXP when dying, as for DEX, it's an essential for warriors. If he has the thief skills, he's probably playing on a different server eg. Carestory, bannedstory, etc etc.
Ok, I'm gussing your friend maayybe messed up on the selection process for AP and has too much Luk or Dex. However, there WERE cases of Str Magicians, Magicians that used strength and Maces, back in the day of Mace Mastery. You could think of that as Warrior Magicians, there is also Sindit, Assasin in 1st job, Bandit in 2nd Laststandb 01:02, 20 January 2009 (UTC)
HEY EVERYONE!!! PLZ HELP ME!!! I NEED THE STUFF I AM POSTING!!!
We finally have 8000 articles!!! YAY Magician3545 22:20, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
- What was the 8000 artcile? --Papulatus 22:22, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
- Not sure, I think it was either Rellik or Forest of the Ghost Priest. Magician3545 22:26, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
- Man, this is great, I know I said this when we hit 7,000 but, we were are another step closer to one of our big goals of 10,000 articles!--Yao12310 00:02, 27 August 2009 (UTC)
HP Warrior Stuff...
How long do you think it will take to do the job advancement to fighter as an HP Warrior, I don't want to waste money by losing time on an Onyx apple... Please help, he's aleady level 20, and judging by the activity levels here (I just had to say that sorry), I just have to post several weeks ahead lol... Also if I run out is it possible to continue with Warrior Elixirs? And yes I know I need an Amorian Basjt and Accuracy blah, blah, blah --Yao12310 02:16, 21 September 2009 (UTC)
Ok I killed a pink Been today...
Well today the gms summoned like mad in broa, anyone else realize that the PB's were simple to solo? I mean my level 26 hp warrior did..................................................................................................Sad.