Proposals for the main page can be added here.
Can someone update the main page with the Editcopy? Thanks. - Rapta 14:03, 20 April 2006 (CDT)
No offence, but the ads kinda ruined the site. Was it something that was absolutely necessary? --Champion911 15:44, 9 April 2006 (UTC)
- Yeah... what's up with the ads? Rapta 20:07, 9 April 2006 (UTC)
Anyone want to try and re-colour the main page? The one right now seems kinda bleh (especially the black/grey), if you know what I mean. --Champion911 02:17, 8 April 2006 (UTC)
I updated the proposals page to the latest version, by the way, if any one cares. :P --Rapta 03:36, 6 April 2006 (UTC)
Isn't it odd that a wiki all about MapleStory doesn't even have an article with that name? xD --Champion911 16:56, 8 March 2006 (CST)
- Hahaha. Well, I guess it's assumed you know what MapleStory is if you are researching it :D --Oh.My.Goose. 17:07, 8 March 2006 (CST)
Ya, i guess so. On another topic, someone should really consider setting a logo for this site. "Set $wgLogo to the URL path to your own logo image" doesn't seem very attractive >.> --Champion911 17:44, 8 March 2006 (CST)
- We should put a picture of a snail or something. Or maybe one of the third advancement people --Oh.My.Goose. 14:03, 9 March 2006 (CST)
- I couldn't find a good picture of a duck. Otherwise, we'd have a duck up there. xD ~~ Ryalla 14:52, 9 March 2006 (CST)
How 'bout this for a logo? ^^ --Champion911 10:19, 15 March 2006 (CST)
- Anyone here know how to change the logo on the top-left corner? O.o --Champion911 20:44, 15 March 2006 (CST)
Maplewiki could use an orange mushroom?=D Hiei154 20:44 20 March 2006
- We already have a logo ready. Now we have to figure out HOW to put it on. --Champion911 07:04, 21 March 2006 (CST)
- The new logo ROCKS! :D --Rapta 05:23, 8 April 2006 (UTC)
- Agreed! EliteJeff 13:19, 8 April 2006 (UTC)
What happened to the logo???? Timestopper 21:44, 20 May 2006 (CDT)
Where is the logo? I want to see it! --Jokerta 16:10, 3 September 2006 (CDT)
Try looking in the config file. For the $wgLogo variable.. AngelSL 01:09, 26 December 2006 (CST)
Main Page Format
Here's some links to templates that can be used for the main page, to improve the quality, perhaps. These are both from Wikis of other RPG's.
The first one is one in development, and the second one is a final product. Rapta 20:56, 17 March 2006 (CST)
- Also, something like this should be added at the bottom of the main page so other people can tweak with an editable copy of the main page.
- (see top)
- Food for thought. Rapta 21:00, 17 March 2006 (CST)
- Was playing around with the OblivoWiki above and made this outline: http://www.mapletip.com/maplewiki/index.php/Editcopy2formainpage --Rapta 22:55, 17 March 2006 (CST)
Uh oh, the main page wasn't meant to be changed yet. We had borrowed the template frmo another site, and we hadn't finished changing it. What I'm trying to say is that right now we are technically plagiarising the front page, and we need to change the titles or the headlines and the colours. --Champion911 20:45, 18 March 2006 (CST)
- Hmm... lemme update the editcopy so it's close with the current one. That way, we can use editcopy 2 for something else if we need to. :P --- Rapta 22:52, 18 March 2006 (CST)
How about hidden-street.net great info to help this wiki get better
- Why not put What's New (on top); then put boxes of Classes, Items, Maps, Monsters; and leave the help desk on bottom. -Timestopper 02:19, 7 April 2006 (UTC)
Try using the edit copy to show me what you're thinking of. Sounds like a good idea, but i need some visual. Thanks, --Champion911 02:27, 7 April 2006 (UTC)
- Still I'm not that experienced in Wikiediting, so I don't know how to make boxes or align. -Timestopper 02:43, 7 April 2006 (UTC)
Hmm, i'll think about it. I'll check back tomorrow morning, have to get some sleep now. Bye. --Champion911 02:46, 7 April 2006 (UTC)
How bout a mush?
Bowman, not Archer
The first job advancement for the Bowman is the archer, but the general job "tree" is called the Bowman. Can someone, under "Classes", change "Archer" to "Bowman"? Thanks. ---Rapta 21:19, 22 March 2006 (CST)
- Erm... Is anyone alive? xD ---Rapta 20:20, 27 March 2006 (CST)
Does anyone have an idea why 90% of the images uploaded from the end of march back are not working? Anyone have an explanation for this? I don't want to re-upload the hundred or so animations of monsters again... -_- --Champion911 01:12, 6 April 2006 (UTC)
- Is there any limit on what kind of image? --Timestopper 02:01, 6 April 2006 (UTC)
- Well, they were all working fine until Mapletip went down a couple days earlier, and they've been broken ever since. --Champion911 02:15, 6 April 2006 (UTC)
- Yes, I've noticed it too while I was working on the Character skill guides for the Cleric yesterday (hence why I re-uploaded a majority of the skill pics). If anyone wants to review the skill pics at least, quickly, it would help a lot. --Rapta 03:34, 6 April 2006 (UTC)
Idea about something
Should we add a "uses" to the items that stand useful for items? For example, weighted earrings have a use for a quest, Dr. Betty's Research on Plants so we put..
Dr. Betty's Research on Plants Whadda think? --Desertmagic 17:21, 10 August 2006 (CDT)
Yes, we'll probably do that once we have all of the quests completed. --Champion911 10:24, 11 August 2006 (CDT)
Also, why don't we have wikipedia links for references? Well, thats what we did to another MMORPG wiki. --Desertmagic 00:21, 23 August 2006 (CDT)
Sorry for your time.... Why i can't see images on this resource? My Browser is: Opera. Thank you.
- The images work fine, I am using Safari and confirm that all images work properly. Mapletip 13:59, 10 October 2006 (CDT)