Why Be A Spearman?
The Spearman is known for its incredible attacking power as well as its incredible mobbing abilities. They sacrifice speed for extra range and huge attacking power. They have the most unstable damage out of the three warrior branches and tend to be very difficult in first and second jobs, but the payout can be well worth it for the elite few who can make it to the third job.
Pros and Cons
All classes have goods and bads. These are the spearmen's:
- Spears and Polearms (the weapons that Spearmen use) have the longest range of the warrior weapons, thus making mobbing more effective.
- Higher MP than Fighters and Pages.
- Get Hyper Body, a fantastic party skill, which is almost a requirement for any successful boss party.
- When stabbing (as opposed to slashing), spears will deal 1.5x damage; when slashing (as opposed to stabbing), polearms will deal 1.5x damage.
- Lower HP than Fighters and Pages.
- One of the slower leveling classes.
- Can't equip shields (spears and polearms are 2-handed) so they lost out on extra defence.
- A very large damage range.
- Spear slashes do 60% of the damage of spear stabs, and polearm stabs do 60% of the damage of polearm slashes. This is what gives Spear(wo)men their unstable damage, even after gaining mastery.
- No Power Guard
Becoming a Spearman
Head to the Warriors' Sanctuary (located at the bottom right of Perion) once you've reached Lv 30. Go inside and talk to Dances with Balrog. Pass the letter he gives you to the Warrior Job Instructor at the Excavation Intermission Area. After giving him the letter, you'll be given an errand to collect 30 Dark Marbles by defeating the Skeledogs inside. Make sure to stock up on recovery items.
|Weapon Mastery||Increases the weapon mastery and accuracy of spears and polearms.||Passive||10||x||-|
|Final Attack||Grants a chance to deal additional damage after an attack. Must have a Spear or Polearm equipped.||Passive||20||x||Level 3 Weapon Mastery|
|Weapon Booster||Doubles the attack speed of your weapon. Must have a spear or a polearm equipped.||Active||10||x||Level 5 Weapon Mastery|
|Iron Will||Increases the Weapon Defense and Magic Defense of party members for a fixed period of time.||Supportive||20||x||-|
|Hyper Body||Increases the Max HP and Max MP of party members for a short time.||Supportive||20||x||Iron Will Lv. 3|
|Piercing Drive||Deals a powerful strike to enemies. If the enemies are close, also increases your Critical Rate#. If they're far away, also increases your total damage.||Active||20||x||-|
|Evil Eye||Summons an Evil Eye that heals you regularly when it is near.||Active||1||x||-|
|Physical Training||Improves STR and DEX permanently through physical training.||Passive||5||x||-|
|Spear Sweep||Swings your weapon far to pull in enemies and stun them for a moment.||Active||10||x||-|
The Newest Spear(wo)man Guide! - Post-Bigbang Guide.