Pink Bean (Boss)
If you are referring to pet Pink Bean, click here.
|Pink Bean (Boss)|
|Continent||Temple of Time|
|Area||Deep in the Temple|
"A monster that has been summoned by a mysterious man named Kirston using the Mirror of the Goddess. It doesn't seem that Kirston intentionally summoned Pink Bean. Although Pink Bean is a cute little creature, its power is beyond imagination. It is a very dangerous monster and should be approached with caution. One of its amazing powers is that it can revive a dead god. It seems to be a monster from another world."
Pink Bean was, at the time of release, the most powerful boss in all of MapleStory (to be outdone by Dark Cygnus). The fight against Pink Bean is notorious for its extremely long questline requirement which includes killing 3,996 mobs ranging from level 140 to level 168 as well as a total of at least three mini-bosses. It is also known for its set of stages requiring the player to kill large statues multiple times before fighting Pink Bean himself. Pink Bean, in combination with the statues, has 9,350,000,000 HP. However, only Pink Bean himself drops anything of worth (although Ariel has a small chance to drop a limited set of items such as Cosmos Dust Solidifier).
The Pink Bean is described as a high-ranking member of the Black Mage's army.
The time limit to defeat Pink Bean is 30 minutes and begins immediately upon entering the boss map.
Similarly to Zakum and Horntail, Pink Bean allowed for expeditions containing multiple parties, increasing the maximum number of players fighting a single Pink Bean from 6 (one party) to 30 (5 parties). The expedition feature has been removed.
- Most Effective: ?
- Effective: Lightning (Paladin with Lightning Charge and Ice/Lightning), Poison
- Less Effective: Holy, Fire, Ice, Neutral
- Non-Effective: Heal
- Recovers HP 100,000 and MP 1,000 every 10 seconds.
- Magic Attack up 60% (Extreme Attack for 5 secs).
- Weapon Attack, Magic Attack Up 50%
- Extreme Seduction for 5 secs.
- Extreme HP/MP Attack (Turns players' HP and MP to 1).
- Can summon Mini Beens.
- Damage Reflection
- Weapon Defense, Magic Defense completely advanced.
- Forcible knock back (knocks players into corners even without attacking).
- Full screen Genesis-like attack that stuns.
- 70% chances of Forcible Deaths (Forces players' HP to 0 even without attacking).
- When you defeat Pink Bean, you will gain 62,900,000 exp.
- After Pink Bean is defeated, a message will be shown to the entire server in the chats of Europe Maplestory: "Expedition who defeated Pink Bean with invincible passion! You are the true timeless hero!"
- In earlier versions of GMS, the message "Oh, the exploration team who has defeated Pink Bean with undying fervor! You are the true victors of time!" appeared in blue font in the message box.
- Also, a buff will be given to all the PB killers. The buff grants 35 Weapon Attack, 45 Magic Attack, 300 Weapon Defense, and 500 Magic Defense for 1 hour.
- If you die too many times while fighting Pink Bean, you won't go back to Three Doors; instead, you go to "Between Daylight and Daybreak".
- The death limit has been increased from 1 death to 5 deaths.
- Wiseman Solomon needs to be defeated 5 times, Wiseman Rex 4 times, Muinin 3 times, Huigin twice and Ariel once, making the overall total 9,350,000,000 HP. The table below provides more detailed information.