Perma Beginners (also known as Perma Noobs, can be shortened farther to Pb or Pn) is short for the term "Permanent Beginners." Permanent Beginners do not make any job advancements. Instead, they spend their entire life as a Beginner. This article will explain the Perma-beginner, and to make a suceesful one. Before you continue it is recommended for people to fulfill the following requirements:
- You are funded (not very necessary, not being funded does not really matter, you will earn more mesos as you get stronger .The equipments are also cheaper. )
- You want a challenge
- You are patient
- You can stand people putting you down
- You have a lot of perseverance
There are two types of Perma Beginners:
However, for Islanders, it is harder to train because the strongest monster on Maple Island is the Orange Mushroom. Islanders are perma-beginners who stay on Maple Island, and do not take Shanks's ship to Victoria Island. Training is hard for them, however, because the strongest monster is the Orange Mushroom, and the equipments the monsters drop and the ones you can buy are limited and you cannot use many of them, and they are often too low leveled for you.
Pros & Cons
- Never lose experience when you die.
- Cheaper cab rates means saved money (90% discount).
- When you reach levels 30 and up, people will be interested, and if you manage level 100 - astonished!
- Quick and affordable weapon choices (tubes/surfboards/roses)
- New, challenging gameplay elements for veterans who have grown tired of the game.
- No need to waste money on MP Pots, or Armour.
- Can still look awesome, and a few items can still be worn only by beginners. Example: Maroon Mop. It's the strongest weapon in the game.
- Able to use nearly every type of weapon effectively
- Harder to level.
- Skills obtained are weak.
- Can't activate some quests (many of which gives valuable scrolls).
- Does not get additional item slots (becomes serious when collecting equips).
- Weaker than all characters.
- People will put you down (ex "Why don't you get a job stupid n00b?").
- Can get boring at some times. On the other hand, with a main, a beginner can be very fun, sort of like a vacation
- Sometimes harder to get into upper level PQs (Orbis, Pirate - easy to get into KPQ and LPQ/LMPQ).
The achievement of Level 200 Permanent Beginner has not been reached. The closest Perma Beginner to Level 200 is straat, at Level 175.
Ranking as of August 20, 2010:
- This ranking is the official ranking from Maple Global, and does not exclude leechers, hackers, glitchers, etc.
- The 50th Beginner is Level 83.
- The 100th Beginner is Level 71.
- The 500th Beginner is Level 45.
- The 1,000th Beginner is Level 37.
- There are exactly 31 Beginners at or above level 100.
- There are roughly 367 Beginners above level 50.
- There are roughly 835 Beginners above level 40.
- There are roughly 2,600 Beginners above level 30.
- There are roughly 5,000 Beginners above level 25.
- There are roughly 14,000 Beginners above level 20.