Difference between revisions of "MapleWiki:Help Desk"
|Line 134:||Line 134:|
Q: How much are Maple Lama Staffs (Maple Global)? And how do you get Pickpocket Pilfer/how much is it?
Q: How much are Maple Lama Staffs (Maple Global)? And how do you get Pickpocket Pilfer/how much is it?
Revision as of 23:48, 10 June 2007
Welcome to the MapleWiki Help Desk! This is the place to ask any questions related to the game of Maplestory, if you cannot find the answer in one of our guides. You may also note any suggestions or comments you have.
How do you revert edits automatically? Can admins only do that? Kiyobi 02:20, 27 March 2007 (CDT)
Does anyone know any good traning spots. I'm a level 16 magician. I tried the tree dungeons around Ellinia and pig beach but it didn't work out. - A troubled magician
[Please Anwser Here:] I'm not totally sure, but how about Henesys Hunting Ground I? The one with four platforms full of monsters with a great spawn. You can train on the Slime platform, or the Orange Mushroom platform if Slimes are too easy.
In some places i see people with pets, they can use some sort of '/' command to input their own text into the pets speech bubble. May I ask how do they do that? - An avid MapleSEA player.
A: I think by typing /pet followed by your message, you can command your pet to say that after level 15.
Q: In the Guild page it says 6 partymembers are needed, and it says Guild-members can leave as they wish. So how many members does a guild need to stay in existance, apart from the leader?
A: A guild only needs its master to stay in existence. The only way that a guild is disbanded is if the master does it themselves, even if they are the only member in the guild. --Dah-BAM! [Moofey] 04:12, 12 December 2006 (CST)
Since MapleSEA has recently came up with a new map "Zipangu" or in the japenese versions "Jipang" , can maplewiki please come up with a quest guide for the wide array of quests in the area,as well as information on the items NPCs in the place and monsters around the area too with visual maps and so on? thank you!
- Wiki's are all about player input, so, as soon as people learn about Zipangu and want to contribute to MapleWiki's info, we'll have stuff here to read about. I play MapleGlobal, so, I unfourtanetly can't help with that specific subject. --Rakirte 09:38, 16 November 2006 (CST)
Are the pages for specific items following some basic template or, if you wanted to add a field to all of them does that have to be done by hand. I think a "Shop Value" section would be a useful addition to the item pages. Same thing for monster meso drops and item drops.--anon 18:49, 1 November 2006 (UTC)
-- Can anyone put a guide to akeing omok sets? I have the table and the 15 peices, but i don't know what to do next!!
- I'm pretty sure you need 99 pieces of each type, after that talk to Casey in Henesys. First go to mushroom park, walk to the very right, and he is in the map past the treehouse (Athena Pierce.)
- * You only need 99 of two types to make an omok set, not all of them. The catch is that they have to be matching types, such as Pig/Omok and Panda/Teddy. --Dah-BAM! [Moofey] 04:12, 12 December 2006 (CST)
-- Can anyone post all the possible haircuts, hair dyes , contact colors, plastic surgery, etc visually? I tried hidden street and many other places but they don't have all of it. I would appreciate it.
I can try to do that, although it may take a while. --Champion911 20:35, 18 October 2006 (UTC)
What is the yellow Present Box for?
Is anyone going to put up a money making guide? All we have are a few tips on the Meso page. What I had in mind was a collection of recommended ways to rake in some mesos, categorized by class and level. Don't look at me though, I'm really poor. :P --Naglfar52 <insert time here>
I have noticed a few missing pages. For example etc. items, quest items, and all those other items. If they haven't been made yet, how do I make one? And how can I put it on the front page? --Baby Carrot 8:30, 31 July 2006 (CST)
- To make a new page, just go to http://www.maplewiki.net/index.php/new_page_title (replacing new_page_title with the title of the page you want to make.) Remember that spaces should be replaced with underscores (_) and that all URLs are case-sensitive. --Dah-BAM! [Moofey] 04:12, 12 December 2006 (CST)
Is maplewiki going to post all the hidden streets in maplestory?I know quite a few so i could start a new guide if you want me to.
That would be great if you wish to do so --Oh.My.Goose. 18:15, 21 March 2006 (CST)
- That would be great if you could. :) --- Rapta 18:17, 21 March 2006 (CST)
I want to get started on creating a guide here, where do I go to create a new page? Kiyobi 17:34, 26 March 2006 (CST)
Simply type the name of your article in the search box, press enter, click on the red link to start the article, and begin! --Champion911 18:55, 26 March 2006 (CST)
What about the table of contents? How do I make that? Kiyobi 19:57, 26 March 2006 (CST)
Well, if you put headers for each section of the article ( ==text here== would be the biggest header, ===text here=== would be the smallest header), it will automatically create a table of contents for you. However, if the article does not have enough heading to automatically create one, you can manually make one by putting the code __TOC__ at the top of the page. I hope this helps. --Champion911 20:05, 26 March 2006 (CST)
All right, thanks a lot Champion911. Kiyobi 20:33, 26 March 2006 (CST)
Scratch what was here before. But I got a different question: How do you make more User pages?
You do Userpage:(UserName)/(Title of User Sub Page) For example, if you linked to one of my sub user articles, you'd do this: User:EliteJeff/Published Articles
Looking at the drops froom monsters you can get: compare the differences between the format used in Snail and Dark Stump. Which do you think is more apropriate? I feel that it's better to standardize. Bewnt
I was wondering if you could list locations for summer items (tubes and surf boards) as I'm looking for them... thanks!
I can tell you what I remember, Ligators drop Surfboards, Bubblings drop Blue Flowery Tubes, and Zombie Mushrooms drop Red Tubes. I forget the rest though, sorry. --Champion911 15:27, 17 July 2006 (CDT)
I think thatUmtis drop the black tubes
- hello everyone, i'm currenly playing in JMS or japanese maple story and already i'm having a hard time...cus no one speaks english...ok so the situation is that i'm stuck on maple island since there is this quest, the npc looks like jane, with the bunny ears. its a new quest to me and i have no idea what to do since there are no numbers, just letters. can someone please tell me what quest is this? thanks a lot
Most of the quests on Maple Island are not compulsory, you can just skip them. --Champion911 01:14, 2 October 2006 (UTC)
Could someone please tell me how to use spells? Do you really have to click on them from the skills menu or is there a shortcut way?
- After opening the skills menu using K, and then open the other menu using \ (Backslash.) Drag the icon/picture of the skill onto one of the keys in the other menu.
Could someone find an exact formula for how much the heal spell restores? I've been playng a STR based Cleric (Don't flame, its all fun) and I've noticed that with Heal at level 5, I only restore 8 HP. Not 50% --
How do I unblock guild invites although the settings dont say Guild Invites? Because I tried unblocking everything but I still can't enter a guild. It says that I'm blocking guild invites. The only way I can be in a guild is if I make one or join a party that makes one. THANK YOU Question from~A Very Confused Person
- This is a bit of a glitch that happens when you are playing maple on a limited user account. To fix this, try playing Maple on an administrator account, or log on under an admin account and give your account full control of your MapleStory directory. (There are tutorials on how to do this. I could explain in detail but I'm lazy.) --Dah-BAM! [Moofey] 04:12, 12 December 2006 (CST)
What monster drops the Red/White Present for the Christmas event? (2006)
- Hm. Now theres something about a new thing, where you dont have to log in to edit...so vandals are more likely to increase now, seeing as some users may not be banned. I havent read the full details and what not, so correct me if im wrong. --TheGamePhreak 01:55, October 01, 2006
-- Umm.. It'll be really helpful if someone posted guides for Ossyria's quests... I really need them and I'm sure other ppl also want them... and stuff... -- What DEX does a warrior at lv 30 need to be able to hit Zombie Lupin 98-100% of the time? -- Uhhhh well what does CC mean cause I saw it on the video thing called the Scum of Maplestory...
CC is shorthand for saying "Change Channels" and is usually said as "cc plz" (Change channels please.) when someone is intruding on another user's training session. It is considered impolite and many will not comply until you type it out in a more polite version. (Such as, "Could you please change channels?") --Dah-BAM! [Moofey]
-- Q: How much are Maple Lama Staffs (Maple Global)? And how do you get Pickpocket Pilfer/how much is it?
-- Q: Why is Maplestory so ugly and stupid???
I would like to suggest this wiki merge with the MapleStory wiki at maplestory.wikia.com. Unlike this one, which has many distracting image ads, and enforces users to log in (which will discourage many good editors), the one at Wikia uses only one block of text-based ads along the right hand side, which I'm sure you'll find an improvement. The MapleStory wiki is run by Wikia, which is a company created by myself and the founder of Wikipedia, Jimmy Wales. All wikis are hosted for free at Wikia, and the content is available under the GFDL, making it compatible with the articles at Wikipedia.
I can't find who is actually responsible for this wiki, but it would be great if that person could contact me about whether Wikia could host this site, rather than having two separate wikis on the same topic.
If you want to start editing at maplestory.wikia.com, please go ahead. Alternatively, contact me about how we could actually merge the two wikis. I can e contacted by email (angela at wikia.com) if you have any questions about Wikia, or if you want to request adminship on that wiki.
- Well, I don't really see what the point of merging the two wikis. This wiki only recently got ads, and probably only for funding reasons. That wiki only has 5 articles, so it would be next to useless combining the two wikis together. Also, that wiki may not require a login to edit (which has its advantages) but this also encourage more vandals. If it were my decision, I would most likely not merge these two wikis together. However, i'm not the owner of this site, so it may be better to contact him. --Champion911 08:44, 26 April 2006 (CDT)
- Simply, how do i make a guide ? B)
- Hey everyone I added a new guide for Fire Mages as I feel the existing one does not provide sufficient information. Could anyone give me insight or criticism to how I could improve it? Thanks.
- Hmmm simple. Reformat using wiki syntax. How? Visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Cheatsheet as it provides detailed info. Take a look at some of the other mage guides, and follow the format they use. So there shouldn't be a content page that you manually add in, but rather automatically generated. Need more help? Drop by my user talk page and ask. --Bewnt 10:46, 19 March 2007 (CDT)
- Wow, this kind of editing appears to be too sophisticated for my shallow computer skills. Could anyone kindly help me refine my guide? =X Devilrymage
- Whoever helped me refine the layout of my guide, thanks a million! =D Devilrymage