The Legend update, following the Jump Update, is again one of the major MapleStory patches that is divided into parts: Cannon Shooter, Mercedes, Demon Slayer and Akyrum. The patch released three new classes Cannon Shooter, Mercedes and Demon Slayer, hence the patch names. This update introduced the new Link System, a system that allows one specific first job skill from each of the new jobs released to be linked (be available) to another character of your choosing in the same world. Succeeding this patch is the Advance of the Union update.
Cannon Shooter/Cannoneer (Part 1)
- The new class is called the Cannon Shooter, who is a pirate that uses a cannon instead of a gun or a knuckle.
- The Link System was released, the first skill gives +15 to each stat.
- The Nautilus harbor area has been updated.
- A Quick Move system has been added, and you can move to places such as the Free Market, even through you're far away from it.
- Professions have been revamped. Changes include multiple items being made, required EXP for leveling up professions have been halved, and the max fatigue has been doubled.
Mercedes (Part 2)
- The new class is called Mercedes, an elf who uses a dual bowgun (two crossbows).
- There is a new location called Eurel, which is near Ellinia.
- The fourth Potential tier is introduced. The new tier is called "Legendary" and it now gives up to 12% of each stat.
Demon Slayer (Part 3)
- The new class is called Demon Slayer, who uses
- The Resistance underground base map is updated.
- New Demon Slayer shields have been released, and adds Demon Force.
- In GMS, Legendary Tier potentials have been introduced.
- Cannon Shooter: July 7th, 2011
- Mercedes: July 21st, 2011
- Demon Slayer: August 4th, 2011
- Mercedes: October 19th, 2011
- Cannon Shooter: October 19th, 2011
- Demon Slayer: November 16th, 2011
- Cannoneer: December 8, 2011
- Mercedes: December 19, 2011
- Demon Slayer: January 11, 2012
- Cannoneer: May 14, 2012
- Mercedes: May 30, 2012
- Demon Slayer: July 4, 2012
- Cannoneer: June 4, 2012
- Mercedes: July 4, 2012
- Demon Slayer: Aug 1, 2012