Kanna .full name : Ayanokouji Kanna(綾小路 カンナ) , is a special magician class designed by the developers of Japanese Maplestory. Kanna is known as a Spirit Walker, a sorcerer that is able to summon supernatural creatures and aid their master. Kanna is accompanied by a shapeshifting being named Haku, who can transform into such forms such as a fox or a human.
Years ago, an overlord known as Oda Nobunaga took control of Japan and sought the prospect of immortality and targeted the temple of Honnou-Ji. Oda planned his attempt by creating a ritual of reincarnation that will reborn him into The Sixth Sky Demon King. None of the temple's guard were able to stop Oda and his ritual, until Kanna intervened and stopped his plans. The result caused a pillar of light, which transported everyone into an all new world. Now, Kanna, along with the Samurai warrior Hayato, will use its power to bring an end of Oda and his follower's plans.
Features and Gameplay
As a magician, Kanna's main stat is INT and uses Magic Attack. Kanna uses Fans as her primary weapon. She possesses no secondary weapon, instead of ally, Haku, is able to wield another fan in place with an exclusive window.
Akin to Demon Slayer, Kanna is another class that does not use MP but an all new medium known as Mana. Kanna sets itself apart from the other magicians, being the most reliant on the use of spirits to aid her into battle, much in the way of a real summoner class. Also, being created by different development team, Kanna's animations are noticeably different from the others.
|Blessing of the Fairy||Skill Point will increase by 1 when the related character reaches above Lv.10.||Supportive||20||x||-|
|Empress's Blessing||Grants 1 skill level for every 5 levels your highest level Cygnus character has. Between Blessing of the Fairy and Empress's Blessing, the higher increase is applied.||Supportive||30||x||-|
|Echo of Hero||Increase weapon attack and magic attack on all players around.||Supportive||1||x||Must be level 200.|
|Elemental Blessing||Kanna is blessed by the 5 elements, granting supernatural insight.||Passive||1||x||-|
|Mana Font||Kanna's connection to the spiritual realm is extremely strong, lending her the ability to recover her Mana without aid of potions.||Passive||1||x||-|
|Elementalism||Deepens your connection to the elements to provide a permanent damage increase.||Passive||2||x||-|
|Haku||Haku, the loveable spirit fox, will follow you to the ends of the universe. The only thing Haku loves more than Kanna is Star Candy, and just by a tiny bit.||Passive||1||x||-|
|Nine-Tailed Fury||Haku unleashes a barrage of attacks that hits all nearby enemies.||Active||1||x||-|
- Despite it's apperance, the fan is actually a two-handed weapon, making it the only two-handed magician weapon.
- In the storyline, Kanna is depicted as a female. Only in Global Maplestory is the player allowed to play as both male and female.
- Kanna, along with Hayato, is one of the first two classes to ever be created from non-Korean developers.
- Unlike Japanese Maplestory, which has Kanna genderlocked as a female, Global Maplestory allows the creation of Kanna for both genders.
- Despite using Fans as it's weapon, Kanna cannot use the Korean Fan or the Hinomaru Fan.
- Kanna is based off of the Onmyōji, real life beings who specialized in divination and magic.
- Kanna is the fourth class to feature voice acting for her skills, the first being Luminous, followed by Hayato, and Kaiser.
- Kanna is the sixth class not to have any special mission to her job advancement, the first being Evan, followed by Mercedes, Luminous, Hayato, and Kaiser.
- Kanna is the first class in Maplestory that is able to use two of the same weapon. She is also the second class that can use two weapons in general, the first being the Dual Blade.
|Hayato - Kanna|
|Total List of Classes|
|Magician - Fire/Poison Wizard -Fire/Poison Mage - Fire/Poison Arch Mage
|Knights of Cygnus|
|Beginner - Blaze Wizard -Blaze Wizard (II) - Blaze Wizard (III)|
|Evan - Evan (II) - Evan (III) - Evan (IV) - Evan (V) - Evan (VI) - Evan (VII) - Evan (VIII) - Evan (VIII) - Evan (IX) - Evan (X)|
|Beginner - Battle Mage - Battle Mage (II) - Battle Mage (III) - Battle Mage (IV)|
|Kanna - Kanna (II) - Kanna (III) - Kanna (IV)|