Intelligence is one of the major stats found within Maplestory. It is usually important for all magicians to increase this stat as much as possible, as higher INT means higher magic attack and defense. This ability affects Magician's damage using skills, equipment he/she can wear, and MP (This is for all classes but the MP increase is minimal.) Thus, building this stat on any other job is pointless. It is commonly abbreviated as simply "INT" within MapleStory.
- Intelligence determines the amount of Magic Attack(and "Magic Accuracy, for Magicians") and Magic Defense a character has.
- For each point of Intellegence a character has, the Magic Attack and Magic Defense of that character is increased by 1.
- Affects MP gained per level.
- INT, DEX, and LUK are added to determine Hands, which is used for determining the success of the Item Maker skill.
Where Intelligence is required
- Magicians require Intelligence to equip their armor and weapons.
- Beginners require 20 Intelligence to advance as a Magician.
- Intelligence is the only stat that contributes to Magician damage, as therefore Magicians should allocate all of their AP into it.
- For the most part, Intelligence is increased by adding Ability Points to it.
- Intelligence bonuses are given out in some of the Magician's equipments.
- Scrolling your equipment: